Posted to alt.food.barbecue
monroe, of course monroe, of course is offline

Default 4th of July?

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 22:15:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:44:12 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>The only piece of meat on sale is brisket from the dreaded Randall's
> >>(Safeway) for $1.49/lb when you buy $25 worth of other stuff. And
> >>they're so expensive that if you buy $25 worth of other stuff, you may
> >>as well just pay full price ($2.18) at Walmart or HEB for your
> >>brisket.

> > Brisket here in CT was $2.58 at WalMart.

> For some reason brisket is at his highest market price for years and
> the stores been having to limit purchases to 2 at a time for some
> reason. As if there's a brisket shortage.

I see a pennies-per-pound diff between Wally-world's brisket and my
local butcher's! I mean Whiskitty Tango Foxytrot?!?!!
Sure does explain why I haven't cooked a brisket in a coon's age.
Pork butt prices are just as frickin' ree-dick-luss a swell.
Here's to cheap chicks and markdown steaks.

monroe(meat prices like unto fireworks upupupBOOM)