Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default REC: crab (was Spaghetti Frittata With Mussels And Asparagus)

jmcquown wrote:

> And a very popular appetizer is
> crab-stuffed mushrooms.

That does sound very good to me, Jill! :-D

If you want a "to die for" crab appetizer try this recipe.
Don't look at it and dismiss it....try it no matter what you think.
You'll be glad you did.
It's my all-time favorite crab recipe and I've tried many.

G.

Here's the old post found in my recipe folder:

I finally found this old crab recipe. If you like crabmeat and cheese,
you can't go wrong with this one. It's perfect for any occasion.

One summer, my wife and I went crabbing often, came home, steamed them
and spent many hours watching movies and picking crabs.... by summer's
end, we had 28 pounds of crabmeat in the freezer.

We tried many different recipes but this one was, by far, the best!
AUNT BETTY'S CRABBIES

1 stick soft butter
1 jar Kraft Old English cheese (it's about a 4 or 6 oz. jar)
1 1/2 tsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Mix together then Add: 1/2 lb. crabmeat
6 English Muffins split in half

Spread crab meat mixture on the muffin halves. Cook immediately or wrap
and freeze.
Toast in toaster oven or broiler until slightly browned, cut into
quarters and serve.