Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default At what time of day do you decide what's for supper?

Kalmia wrote:
> I'm going to turn over a new cooking leaf. I'm sick of panicking at 4
> pm and then trying to thaw something, finding out I am lacking an
> ingredient, feeling rushed, and then resorting to going out.
> Today I decided what to make when I woke up, pulled the needed
> ingredients, thawed the meat -- things went smoothly and I had a more
> relaxed day. I won't utter a clue on how many years ago I should have
> started this plan.
>
> Is this your routine or what?

Everyone needs to find what works for themselves. We like to make more
than we need so that leftovers are an option. My wife usually gives me
a shopping list that I fill on Monday and, e.g., I'll buy 2-1/2 pounds
of ground meat from which she'll make some ground beef, some burgers,
and some Sloppy Joe, and then we have the leftovers for quick dinners,
e.g., the Sloppy Joe on a roll, heat, and you're done, or the ground
beef in a soft tortilla with ground cheese and a few veggies.

-S-