Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Save the Planet; wean yourself off meat

On 6/27/2012 9:57 AM, George M. Middius wrote:

> You don't really believe that's why people buy tablets, do you?
> Because they cost less?

Oddly enough, I really do believe this that people will change their
ways if there's sufficient monetary savings. Given the choice between a
$200 tablet or a $200 desktop system, most folks would probably opt for
a desktop.

That probably won't happen. What will happen is that people will see a
tablet selling for $200 and a desktop going for $600 or more. A lot of
folks will go for the cheaper tablet. It don't take a genius to see
that. Of course there are other reasons why people want to buy tablets.
There's also reasons why people don't want to buy tablets but my guess
is that not having to shell out $400 is a pretty good incentive to ditch
the real keyboard.

Some people are saying that tablets will outsell notebook and desktops
in then next 12 to 24 months. Nobody could have predicted that when
Apple introduced the iPad a little over 2 years ago. I did, but then
again, I'm good at these things.