Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mike Beede[_2_] Mike Beede[_2_] is offline

Default Let's talk about the Motofox sig file here...

Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:41:58 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> MotoFox wrote:
>>>
>>> By the way... what is a MotoFox anyway?
>>>
>>> So anyway, you add this nifty hexadecimal sig file in all of your posts.
>>> __________________________________________________ __
>>> __________________________________________________ __
>>>
>>> I used to program in assembly language so I'm familiar with the hex number
>>> system. I just now got around to deciphering it and going with ascii.
>>>
>>> Other than the blank ascii characters and some that are symbols,
>>> Your sig basically says:
>>>
>>> MF
>>> DEATH TO EBCDIC!!
>>>
>>> Now that we all know, would you like to explain that? I'm curious.
>>>
>>> G.

>> Well, I just googled ebcdic.
>> I guess you're a just a programmer saying goodbye to the old days?

> Don't feed the trolls.
>
> The IQ of this group has dropped 30 points in the last 4 weeks.
> There's pretty much no reason to hang out here anymore.

Estimating that there must be at least a hundred regular posters--
meaning around 10,000 total IQ points--30 seems like it's down in
the noise. Are you sure you didn't just miss the posts by
Sheldon? That would account for precisely the deficit
cited.

Mike Beede