Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tommy Joe Tommy Joe is offline

Default tahini quest

On Jun 24, 11:04*am, "Somebody" > wrote:

On Jun 24, 11:05 am, "Somebody" > wrote:

> Oh, another neophyte question. What's the difference between extra light,
> light and pure olive oil? They all had the same nutrition label info, even
> down to sodium amount. I assume the lighter tastes less olivey?

Pouring some regular 'extra virgin olive oil' on top of the hummus,
just a bit of it, is nice - but I personally do not like using it or
anything other than the 5 main ingredients used to make basic hummus -
beans, tahini, garlic, lemon, and salt. Anything else such as cayenne
pepper for example can be added later. But to each their own. Do the
basic first and then wing it from there if you choose. I prefer the
basic anyway, but with a bit of cayenne and sometimes a bit of EVOO
sprinkled on top.

TJ