Old 24-06-2012, 09:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default tahini quest

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:31:27 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

On 24/06/2012 11:04 AM, Somebody wrote:
So after deciding it was too pricey at Rainbow Blossom, I went to the
Kroger. Scanned the "ethnic aisle". (I didn't realized there was a
British section, and German section there till then.) Anyway, no luck. And
nothing in Health Food area that I could find.... So asked stocker, and he
said "aisle tin". So I went to aisle ten which was the ethnic section where
I had just been. The stocker happened by again and I said I was in this
aisle before and didn't find any. He smiled and said "you want me to do
everything" I thought that was a bit rude, but he did show me a couple
places with the long sought thin. As he showed me, he said "when people see
the price they usually walk away." (Not a great salesman, that one.) So I
looked at both and they were a bit high, 8.99 for Peloponnese and 6.47 for
Joyva. I opted for the cheaper since not sure either's rep. And they are
15 servings so that's not really that expensive per serving.

I have had trouble finding tahini around here.

Ahahahahahaha. . . . pick, choose, and refuse:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ni%2Caps%2C700