Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default tahini quest

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:32:15 -0400, "Somebody"
> wrote:

> what about roasted? Do roast yourself, or just never use roasted? Such as
> roasted red peppers, or roasted garlic. Those are my two favorites for
> hummus.

I've never used jarred garlic, so I can't help you there - but it's
really easy to roast garlic. Just drizzle it with a little olive oil,
wrap it in foil and roast it until soft. It's better to throw it into
the oven when you're roasting something else, like a piece of meat,
but I've been known to turn on the oven just to for a head of garlic.
In your position, I'd just go with roasted garlic in a jar because
that hummus has already been more trouble and cost you more time &
money (gas, time spent looking for the danged tahini etc) than I'd be
willing to put into it.