Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Another ban on Big Gulps!

"Susan" > wrote in message

> Cheri, I think there are a lot of folks who just think it's normal because
> they see it all around them and aren't making informed decisions.
>
> Kind of like the folks who were very unsophisticated about banking and
> loans and figured if a bank would give them a mortgage, it must be true
> that they could afford it.
>
> You and I and some others reading here know how to do the math, others
> rely on professionals and advertising too much. Not everyone can make
> sense of stuff, not everyone has our depth of interest combined with
> ability when it comes to foods and labels.
>
> Susan

I know in my day, yes a long time ago, the portion sizes were small compared
to now. If you got a burger it was about the size of a McDonalds regular
hamburger these days, not very big at all, and I don't ever remember an *all
you can eat" buffet, or Super Size anything. I'm certainly not opposed to
regulations on posting the calorie, fat, carb count of fast foods...even a
huge printed calorie count right down the side of a Big Gulp. ;-) That's as
far as I can go though.

Cheri