Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Another ban on Big Gulps!

Cheri > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Cheri > wrote:
: > : "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: >
: > : > Personally, I don't like outright banning of the big-gulp size.
: > However,
: > : > and this is a big however, I would like vendors to be required to sell
: > a
: > : > single serving (i.e., a soda can typically is labeled as having 2
: > : > servings, so a single serving would be 8 oz) at a proportional price,
: > so
: > : > that there is no economic incentive for ordering a huge soda (or
: > juice,
: > : > or whatever).
: >
: > : It's not the banning of the Big Gulp that bothers me at all, I was never
: > : much of a soda drinker even in the smallest size, now only ice water,
: > but
: > : it's just one more foot in the door with taking away personal choices
: > IMO.
: > : If they want to sell it in trash can sizes and people want to buy
: > it...it's
: > : not the governments business, and while we're at it, neither is their
: > : interference in baseball! :-)
: >
: > : Cheri
: >
: > How do you feel about the State requirements to have automobile insurance?
: >
: > Wendy

: There is a LAW against driving without insurance. There is no law against
: buying a large sized soda...yet!

: Cheri

When we had only horses and buggies no one needed a driver's lisence.
When automobiles came in the government decided we needed lisences and
made a law that said(if you remember your book you got when first applying
for a learner's permit) Driving is a priviledge, not a right. to earn the
priviledge you have to pass a test and then continue to drive safely(not
too many tickets). What gave the government the right to pass that law?
We accepted it because it seemed clear that something was needed.

thisis where it starts, with someone getting a bright idea of how to save
the health of individuals and money (via the health care system) for the
citizens who have to pay the health care costs of the indigent.

Wendy