Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Coals question

"bbq" > wrote in message
. com...
> On 6/20/2012 5:48 PM, Steve B wrote:
>> "monroe, of > wrote in message
>> .. .

>>> I do the best I can when the questions are of such low quality.
>>> BTW,telling me to be quiet and shut my yap doesn't have much of a
>>> history of success.
>>>
>>> monroe(is yr middle name Kent,p'haps?)

>> Yes, asking a question related to the group's topic, and relevant, and
>> getting claptrap about anti gravity stuff is pretty ignorant, isn't it?
>>
>> Keeping you silent is as easy as two keystrokes....... two, one..........
>> poof..........gone.............
>>
>> Steve
>>

> I am not sure what your purpose is around here. It sounds as you're a
> newbie to barbecuing and want to learn more. We've all been there. Lot's
> of tips, tricks and other valuable information can be learned from here.
> Coming here and not liking someones answer and trying to tell them be
> quiet is not gonna make you any friends.
>
> It's obvious you don't know monroe well. He's been around a dozen years or
> more. He has on many occasions made me chuckle or outright LOL. I doubt
> I am the only one who enjoy his posts for the humor value.
>
> Get with the program. Learn to laugh or ignore those you don't care for.
> But stop bashing others you don't like. Many have been around here for
> several years. You continue your bashing of others, I can guarantee very
> few will be willing to offer you valuable advice. So far, you have had
> very good advice to some of your questions. It's getting less and less
> though. It can get to zero. But that's your choice...
>
> BBQ

I have yet to get ONE answer to the question. The question was a simple
honest one, written in a form that no one could have found offensive or
contentious. It was asked to gain knowledge. If this is how this group is
when dealing with questions from those outside the little circle of people
who rule the group, then there is no value to coming here for a newbie. Or
anyone else. It is typical of the decay and demise of many usenet
newsgroups. I come here day after day, and see no new messages. Why is it
that a topic as popular as this has no new questions day after day? I think
I know the answer.

I leave you to yourselves. When I really need to know something, Google is
far far superior to the elitist snobs here. And their sockpuppets.

Steve