Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default something I've noticed about this group

On 2012-06-18 14:09:46 +0000, notbob said:

> On 2012-06-18, Somebody > wrote:
>
>> And people here still use the word "Usenet"

> No doubt cuz they understand that's precisely what it was, is, and
> will probably remain so.
>
> What I've noticed about you is, you never post ANYTHING pertaining to
> cooking, even tangentially. I mean zero, zip, nada. Do you even know
> how?

I post very little as well other than on booze, restaurants and
food-tangential. But I'm reading it a lot and find myself making use
of the info as well.

A newsgroup is also for those folk. In fact in many of the other groups
topics are dominated by discussions of information that is presented
again and again for many years. But there is always a newbie trying to
figure out the same stuff.