Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: 3 French Whites, 1 French Rose, 1 US Rose

Wednesday I made shrimp, leeks, and mushrooms over pasta, served with the 2010 Karine Lauverjat Sancerre. Nice crisp midbodied Sancerre, green apple, gooseberry, and a little grass. B+/B

Thursday a seared then baked cod, with corn, broccoli, and the 2008 Brocard "Valmur" Chablis Grand Cru. Some air helped a lot, Full-bodied, striking acids, citrus fruit, quite minerally, long. B+/A-

Friday I split a small chicken and put on grill, finished with commerical bbq sauce, then served with squash, caprese salad as well as a green salad , A couple of roses appeared.

2011 Domaine Fazi rose (Ile de la Beaute)
My first Corsican pink. Light bodied, a little sweetness, this is really striving for innocuity, achieves boredom. C+

2011 Arnot-Roberts Rose.
Like most CA rose this is made from Touriga Nacional grapes.
Seriously, this is quite good, light but not insubstantial, wild strawberries and herb, a little citrus zest, good finish, good acids. B+/B

Saturday Betsy fried some squid, king trumpets, and lemon, served over an arugula salad with the 2009 Ch. Thebaud (Pepiere) Clos des Morines Muscadet. This is a joint project of Marc Ollivier and Remi Branger. Full, rich, long, this is Muscadet for Puligny fans. Plenty of ripe fruit, but sound acids and strong mineral notes. I had before at an offline, but funner to watch over several hours. A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.