Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Have A Favorite Pasta Dish?

Jean B wrote:

>I vaguely recall cooking Minute Rice
> when I was very young and have not
> wanted to cook or consume it since
> then.

I mostly cook the long grain rice for my hubby, as he likes it so well.
I have never cared much for rice, unless it is in a dish with other
ingredients, or has gravy, or something over it, and love rice pudding!

I always keep a box of Minute Rice on hand, as is quick to fix something
for myself that want to serve with rice (such as leftover Thai food) and
some recipes call for it, as the recipe I posted here, and works out
great. To me the flavor is the same as any rice I've ever had. It
doesn't really have a distinctive flavor at all, but the texture is a
little different, but not unpleasant in any way.

Judy