Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Have A Favorite Pasta Dish?

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> (Judy Haffner) wrote:
>>
>>> Besides mac & cheese, spaghetti, lasagna, and a good pasta salad of some
>>> kind, this is a favorite pasta dish I make fairly often. Do you like
>>> making things with pasta? If so, in what way do you like using it best?
>>>
>>> Rice Noodle Dish
>>>
>>> 1/2 cup butter
>>> 1- 8 oz. pkg. very thin noodles, broken
>>> 1 cup uncooked Minute rice
>>> 1 can (10 oz.) chicken broth
>>> 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (I always use fresh)
>>> 1/2 cup chopped onion
>>> 1 clove garlic, minced
>>>
>>> Brown broken noodles with onions, garlic (and mushrooms, if using
>>> fresh). Add rice and chicken broth; cover and simmer for 20 minutes,
>>> until noodles are tender. Flavor with soy sauce and serve.

>> Forgive my ignorance, but this recipe seems to be thin on liquid for the
>> amount of rice and noodles.
>>
>> leo

> It does. But maybe Minute Rice doesn't require much? I can't stand the
> stuff so I never buy it. I only know I can't stand it because my mom bought
> it a few times.

I was thinking the same thing about Minute Rice. Oh wait! My
daughter's friend has some--he uses it when he cooks for his
brother who has muscular dystrophy and can now barely chew.
BRB... Okay, the ratio is 1:1. And in addition to the rice, you
have butter, so...

I vaguely recall cooking Minute Rice when I was very young and
have not wanted to cook or consume it since then.

--
Jean B.