Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Have A Favorite Pasta Dish?

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> Besides mac & cheese, spaghetti, lasagna, and a good pasta salad of some
> kind, this is a favorite pasta dish I make fairly often. Do you like
> making things with pasta? If so, in what way do you like using it best?
>
> Rice Noodle Dish
>
> 1/2 cup butter
> 1- 8 oz. pkg. very thin noodles, broken
> 1 cup uncooked Minute rice
> 1 can (10 oz.) chicken broth
> 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (I always use fresh)
> 1/2 cup chopped onion
> 1 clove garlic, minced
>
> Brown broken noodles with onions, garlic (and mushrooms, if using
> fresh). Add rice and chicken broth; cover and simmer for 20 minutes,
> until noodles are tender. Flavor with soy sauce and serve.
>
> Judy

What does this recreate? Rice A Roni?

We mainly eat pasta because it is somewhat cheap (we eat the whole wheat so
it does cost more) and quick to fix.

It's not really a favorite of anyone in the house. My husband is Italian
and his mom made a lot of it. He never got sick of pizza but he did get
sick of pasta.