Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Harry Vaderchi Harry Vaderchi is offline

Default safe pH level for elderflower/made wines

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 13:29:17 +0100, charlottetraynor
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is my first post on this group - have only recently found the
> group, but very glad I have!
>
> As elderflower season is approaching us in the UK, I am assessing
> records from last year's elderflower champagne batch and trying to
> learn a bit more about the science behind wine making to improve our
> drinks. I am particularly curious about pre-fermentation pH. We rely
> only on wild yeasts for our elderflower champagne and have been
> wondering wether there is a 'safe' pH zone for desirable yeasts?

I have made elderflower wine before, but I have no expertise in this area;
but thanks for the seasonal reminder!

--
[dash dash space newline 4line sig]

Albi CNU