Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_9_] Joseph Coulter[_9_] is offline

Default Boutique Wine Tours Hunter Valley

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 08:18:34 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
> wrote:

>On Jun 1, 5:58*am, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 May 2012 18:46:23 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
>>
>> > wrote:
>> >Anyone had experience with this outfit? There list of wineries
>> >includes a few from the FAQ but a lot I know nothing about.

>> Larry, really I do know the Hunter area (and NSW in general) If I
>> don't have an answer I know the people who do. As far as wine tours
>> since the only people who pay commission these days arethe big bus
>> tour guys, and I do not advocate for their use, I am not really giving
>> away the staoreas my wife puts it when giving advice *on these
>> matters, so I do not rally have an agenda.
>>
>> As Mark said the area isn't large, but I would still advise a guide if
>> for no other reason that it is someone to drive in a rural area with
>> poorly marked roads (If you do drive get a GPS)
>>
>> Since you are looking at Ray Andrews Boutique Wine you must be staying
>> in Sydney. In that case it is a longish day. I would prefer myself to
>> spend some tme in the Hunter. There is a nice botanical garden there
>> and by getting out of the city you have a chance to encounter the
>> world famous wildlife of Australia first hand. I have seen parrot type
>> birds wild in Sydney but not so much the kangaroo and wallaby(unless
>> you count dthe excellent Taronga Zoo as "wild".
>> Joseph Coulter
>> J&B Journeyswww.jandbjourneys.com
>>
>> 904 685 5317

>Two fat blokes looked great but, other than driving, I don't know how
>to get to Hunter Valley.

Two fat blokes not three, sorry miscounted in the early morning :-)

the driveing thing is why Ray is the answer for you. Boutique will
tailor the experience for you if you let them know. (esp if you are on
a private tour, but even if it is semi private the driver will see
what everyones expereience and knowledge level is which works well
most of the time . . . (You can take the tain to Maitland but it is a
long and expensive cab ride from there, might as well use the tour co.
or hire a car)