Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_9_] Joseph Coulter[_9_] is offline

Default Boutique Wine Tours Hunter Valley

On Wed, 30 May 2012 18:46:23 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
> wrote:

>Anyone had experience with this outfit? There list of wineries
>includes a few from the FAQ but a lot I know nothing about.

Larry, really I do know the Hunter area (and NSW in general) If I
don't have an answer I know the people who do. As far as wine tours
since the only people who pay commission these days arethe big bus
tour guys, and I do not advocate for their use, I am not really giving
away the staoreas my wife puts it when giving advice on these
matters, so I do not rally have an agenda.

As Mark said the area isn't large, but I would still advise a guide if
for no other reason that it is someone to drive in a rural area with
poorly marked roads (If you do drive get a GPS)

Since you are looking at Ray Andrews Boutique Wine you must be staying
in Sydney. In that case it is a longish day. I would prefer myself to
spend some tme in the Hunter. There is a nice botanical garden there
and by getting out of the city you have a chance to encounter the
world famous wildlife of Australia first hand. I have seen parrot type
birds wild in Sydney but not so much the kangaroo and wallaby(unless
you count dthe excellent Taronga Zoo as "wild".
Joseph Coulter
J&B Journeys
www.jandbjourneys.com

904 685 5317