Mommymelissa Mommymelissa is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Does anyone know of a sugar cookie recipe that mimics The Orginal Cookie
company's sugar cookies? I have tried 6 different recipes so far, and none
come close. They were moist and chewy. I have been looking ever since
Mrs. Fields bought out the chain.

-Margaret

\\ o o
|\/ o\ o
o Margaret St. John

|/\ / Let it snow!!
SecureSignup.net Special offer and Discount Coupon
///
I used to manage the Original Cookie Company in Chico, CA and those were the best!!!! To copy at home I use an extra 1/2 stick of butter and extra 1/2 cup sugar and extra teaspoon of vanilla as well as add 1 teaspoon butter flavoring (remember they were sugar butter cookies!)to a traditional sugar ccokie recipe. Roll in 2 inch balls flatten slightly with a glass bottom dipped in sugar, bake on parchment paper at 350 degrees for 7 mins, rotate racks and pans and bake 6 minutes more. Let cool on pan for at least 5 minutes before removing, the condesation on the bottom while cooling is what makes them softer......