Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default Rose and Barolo

I had dinner at one of my favorite places last night. Sat on the
patio on a beautiful night and enjoyed a terrific casual dinner.

WIth a starter of watermelon, English cucumber, mint, cilanto and
ricotta salada I had 2011 Charles and Charles Columbia Valley Rose. A
rose of syrah made by a collaboration of Charles Smith and Charles
Bieler. Pale pink, nice nose of sweet cherry and strawberry, nice
tart acidity on the palate with abundant fruity berry overtones. "B"

I opted for the special which was a wood grilled Waygu ribeye with
heirloom tomato and arugula salad and a bacon aoli with grilled
fingerlings. We had a bottle of 2006 Altare Barolo. Deep nose of
black fruits, tar and roses. Quite rich on the palate with a purity
of fruit and minerals yet very drinkable right now. "A"