Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed[_10_] ceed[_10_] is offline

Default Brisket north of $2!

On Tue, 29 May 2012 09:56:34 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2012 08:59:33 -0500, ceed wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 28 May 2012 22:03:26 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Brisket was never $.99/lb last year except on sale.

>> Last year brisket was $.99/lb at Randall's (Safeway) the week before
>> Memorial Day. I usually buy quite a few for the freezer at that time.
>> This
>> year Randall's was at $2.88/lb. Wal-Mart/HEB was cheaper. I do purchase
>> lot from Randall's though who has great sale events year round, but you
>> have to keep on top of it since they normally only last for a few days.

> Randall's ****es me off so much I don't even chase their sales. A
> couple weeks ago they advertised corned beef brisket at $1.29/lb
> "While Supplies Last". They somehow "ran out" by 9:00am. They didn't
> even have a spot on the shelf for them - whcixh means they didn't have
> any of them.

I bought 8 of those. Maybe a different Randall's?

> They and Sprouts are always out of sale/coupon items.

Yeah, but Sprouts is even worse.

> And Randall's is always out of their Jalapeno Cheese bagels early in
> the morning as well. I don't even make them a destination anymore.
> Except for maybe 3-4 ad items a week, all their sale prices are still
> more than HEB's regular prices. I don't understand why people shop
> there.

I go to Randall's once a week for specials. I like their store quite a
bit. What I do not like is what HEB does and have 10 10 item registers
open during rush hour so good customers who are shopping $200 worth of
groceries have to wait on the two remaining no limit registers. Why is it
that the customers that leave the least get the best service in grocery
stores? The equivalent would be going to a car dealership to look for a
top of the line model and be told to wait in line while the ones buying
sub compacts are helped right away. I would leave.

--
//ceed (indeed)