Posted to rec.food.cooking
JeanineAlyse JeanineAlyse is offline

Default Buttermilk Biscuits, fool proof

On May 28, 6:25*pm, wrote:
> These are the biscuits Squeaks usually makes for me when I visit.
> It's her grandmother's recipe and it's wonderful.
> They are light, fluffy, moist and delicious.

Koko, your photos are perfect and the biscuits being so high-risen
reminded me of a lesson learned several years ago from someone on TV,
which I'd always practiced though didn't know the why of. Along with
any fresh products good recipe, do not twist the cutter around but for
a teensy bit to loosen as you lift it off each cut; doing that causes
the edge of a biscuit to smear and somewhat seal, preventing the
highest rise possibility.

Now tell us exactly how a good fresh sausage gravy is made? That's
something I do mess up often, although my bik-sits are always very
good and fluffy.
....Picky