Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed[_10_] ceed[_10_] is offline

Default Brisket north of $2!

Hi,

For the first time in recent history I had to pay more than $2/lb for
brisket (untrimmed). Last year I paid $.99/lb, but this year the lowest I
could find was $2.12/lb. That's a hefty increase! I have noticed that meat
in general has gotten more expensive, but this Memorial Day brisket was a
shocker. I know that $2 is not much for meat these days, but the real
specials on the cuts I like to do always comes around Memorial Day.

Anyhow, it came out perfect (I do the brisket on Sunday and feast on it
Monday as well) on a mix of fruit, oak and hickory. But although expensive
this years brisket was not as awe-inspiring as the cheapo one from last
year. I assume some regulars here did briskets also and I wonder if it was
me not finding the deal, or if meat has gotten that expensive? I live
Round Rock, TX.

--
//ceed (indeed)