Dr. John Burge Dr. John Burge is offline
Member

Location: Pensacola, FL
Send a message via Skype™ to Dr. John Burge
Question Long Term Food Storage

We are storing up food (and water) for an all out long-term emergency. We have stored 100 gallons of water and have constructed a rain water harvesting system. Additionally we have racked up a number of canned goods and staples as well as a large supply of MRE's and dehydrated foods. We want to store rice and beans in a large quantity for feeding large groups but have held off because of the high potential of little critters often found in raw rice and wheat or corn products - flour and corn meal for instance. Does anyone have a tried and true method of storing a large quantity rice (100 lb sacks) for a long period of time (months and years)? Thanks.