Old 17-05-2012, 01:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
George Leppla George Leppla is offline

Default Slate: "How young can a child be and still learn how to cook?"

On 5/16/2012 7:55 PM, Jean B. wrote:
George Leppla wrote:

My first real job was when I was 15... working in the kitchen of a
Howard Johnson's restaurant, first as a dish washer, then a cook.

George L

At what age did you transition to cook?

16... 4 months after I started there. I worked in that restaurant during
school months on and off all through high school and by the time I
graduated, I had done all of the jobs in the place including working the
counter and waiting tables.

During the summers I worked at the beach for the NY State Park
Commission... best job in the world.

George L