Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Grocery List tool - shop fast, shop easy

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 May 2012 21:42:55 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 May 2012 17:49:42 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>
>>> I never wonder the aisles. I wander what that even means?

LOL Barbara!

>>I do it. I spent too many years on the perimeter of the grocery
>>store, not having a clue about what was on the inside. I have time to
>>wander up and down to look now, so I do. As a result, my weekly
>>grocery bill is about 1/3 higher than it should be. <sigh>

> I always wander the aisles. It is a wonderful way to find out about
> the area you are in, if you are traveling as I do so often. You can
> find out so much about the culture of the area you are in.
>
> I guess I am just curious about such things. I like finding out about
> the different things that people like in various areas and what they
> will spend money on.
>
> I realized this when I first moved from California back to Kentucky.
> In California, the canned food aisles were not that long or extensive.
> When I got back to Kentucky, it astounded me. Miles and miles (it
> seemed) of canned foods. And a tiny produce section compared to the
> ones in California. I was astounded.
>
> It is also fascinating wandering the aisles of the Mexican markets I
> go to, or the Asian markets. Or any other ethnic market. One learns
> a great deal about different cultures.
>
> I cannot imagine not being curious about the way folks eat or cook, or
> what they buy. I love being curious.
>
> Christine
> --

I hate grocery shopping. (If I could, I'd have groceries delivered to my
house.) But I do traverse each aisle, mostly because they keep moving
things around. If I don't look all over the store I might miss or forget
something. I shop from a list but I do occasionally make an impulse
purchase. I couldn't do that if if didn't wander up and down the aisles.

Jill