Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tommy Joe Tommy Joe is offline

Default Grocery List tool - shop fast, shop easy

On May 15, 8:49*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> A pen and paper works well for me.

Damn right. I buy index cards and fold like 3 of them back to back
in half vertically to fit in my shirt pocket, or pants pocket, either
way. I also carry a pen. I've been writing lists for years. I right
the list in the order of how I'm going to attack the store. I am not
against dawdling though. Sometimes things pop into view that are
worthwhile. But to wander aimlessly about when one is in a hurry and
then getting home only to find they've forgotten something, that is
stupid. It amazes people how fast I'm in and out of stores.

Speaking of stores, I also go to the Dollar Tree where everything
is a dollar, no less, no more. I know how they make their money. The
aisles are not marked by item, only by number. They want people to
wander. And if that's what's needed to keep the store in business,
sad to say I'm all for it. Another funny thing is that candy bars in
the dollar store are a dollar when often in the super markets they're
70 cents. I'm not a comparison shopper to the point where I'll go out
of my way to save a dime, but I store it in my head for later. I
can't figure the people who are so afraid of using a list. What are
they, afraid that someone is going to think they have alzheimers or
something?

Next on my list? - Hit the send button
TJ