Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default [TN] '10 Baudry Rosé

Emery Davis > wrote in news:a12mmfF5dvU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Yes, I think they're really in full stride. We also drank a 2009
> Domaine only a few days ago, with artichoke and garlic pizza of all
> things!

Red Loires work very fine with pizza chez nous.

But the wine shone through, plenty of depth, great balance and
> very clean. We've had some 2009 Granges and 2010 blanc recently also,
> both good bottles (the white also works well with pizza).

Domaine 2009 and Granges 2009 are the wines to drink now. Granges has a
rustic side that I love, while Domaine 2009 has a polished profile that I
really love (I must go purchase some bottles). Clos Guillot 2009 and Croix
Boissée 2009 both need time, specially Croix Boissée, which I opened one
bottle last week and thought had plenty of structure but was quite tight
right now. No hurry with this. 2009 being a special year for me, I have
purchased quite some Baudry's, including some magnums of Grezeaux (always
the most austere wine on its youth).

Santiago
> can't make his next trip to France fast enough for me, to get me back
> down there and restock!

I'll be in France... on Tuesday afternoon! but will be back in less than 24
hours and will have a pretty tight schedule. Also, this will be the first
year in the last 12 that I will not be going to the Loire in autumn (and I
will miss it!). Instead, it could be that I would be teaching at Paris -
Boulogne in october, and this will allow for a get together, but sure no
re-stocking chez Baudry.

s.