Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed[_9_] ceed[_9_] is offline

Default Fried chicken. How?

Hi,

I know this is slightly off topic, but I bet most of you know a thing or
two about cooking outside of the pit. Anyway, I'm going to (deep) fry
chicken tonight. I have a deep fryer, but have never been able to get the
"KFC crispness" and flavor at home. I've done this around 10 times trying
different recipes, even one stating it revelas the secret spice blend KFC
uses. I'm not saying I need that exact flavor of KFC, but I would like the
thick super-crispy crust they're getting on their chicken. I've tried a
couple of the store bought boxed chicken fry product and I have tried to
make it myself. It's all been good, but not perfect. I've heard someone
say that frying twice may add to the crispiness, but I haven't tried it
yet.

So, if anyone here has the secret to perfect (southern) fried chicken,
please disclose it here because I'm going to need it tonight with guest
over expecting my fried chicken to be on par with my (now locally famous)
brisket!

--
//ceed (indeed)

Thank you for flying Opera: http://www.opera.com