Old 03-05-2012, 01:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
gregz gregz is offline

Default Self-Rising Flour= Regular Flour +?

"l, not -l" wrote:
On 2-May-2012, "graham" wrote:

Add salt a baking soda. For each cup of a/p flour add 1 1/4 teaspoons
of
baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt

I don't see the need for salt although it's in every recipe for SR that
I'vr
come accross.
Graham

I don't know why it's there; but, every brand of self-rising flour I've seen
has between 325-400mg of sodium per quarter-cup of flour. Most all-purpose
flour doesn't list sodium, though some list it as zero.

Sodium is in baking soda. I don't know the percentage, and it's not regular
salt.

Greg