Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '89 Beaucastel

DaleW wrote:

> HAppy Anniversary! 89 Bo is quite variable (there is a story, that
> I've heard a dozen times though no personal knowledge, that a
> significant portion of US allotment got caught in a dock strike in
> summer).

Yeah, that's the story I recall as well. Repetition of a falsehood
doesn't make it true, but anecdotally at least there seems to be reason
to believe it. Add to that that we purchased this bottle in Florida for
a fairly attractive price and it does make one wonder (our other bottle
was purchased at Sam's in Chicago).

Mark Lipton