Old 29-04-2012, 11:41 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Dr. Fischer, Lafon Macon, more

DaleW wrote:

Thursday she made mussels and zucchini with linguine, and a salad
with walnut and gorgonzola. I actually wasn’t planning on wine as I
was taking an NYU Oxfam group on a run that night, but she needed a
cup of white wine, so I had a quarter glass of the 2010 Chinaine
Sauvignon Blanc (Touraine). Clean grapefruit and gooseberry, on the
lighter side, this ain’t CRB but it’s a good value for easy-going SB.
Passed as folks gathered for wine tasting last night, help up well. B

Friday before wine group came over I threw together a quick lemon
sole dinner. Wine was the 2008 Les Heretiers du Comte Lafon
Macon-Milly-Lamartine. Nice full-bodied Chardonnay, pear and pit
fruits framed by just a light oak note. Good acids, nice length (I
should note that it was far less popular than the Chidaine as a
welcoming wine for the local group- 1 person declared it “weird”- but
I think they’re wrong!). B+

That is odd, Dale. I take it that the first wine should be Chidaine
rather than Chinaine? I didn't realize that he made a Sauvignon, but if
his Chenins are anything to go by, I'd expect good things.

Mark Lipton