Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Am I losing it?

"Sky" > wrote in message
> On 4/27/2012 1:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> I don't care for data collection schemes either but our Safeway forces
>> you to use your card. You'll pay about 20% if you opt not to use it.
>> That's the breaks.

> Provide semi-valid information or something akin to that. "Big Brother"
> has been around for a long time, so it's sort of fun to twist its arm with
> information that's not exactly invalid
>
> Sky

Or not exactly valid, either LOL Seriously, used to be if you didn't have
one of those "cards" you couldn't get the extra 15 cents off of whatever.
Kroger was (is?) famous for it. (I don't know if they still do that...
haven't seen a Kroger since I left TN.) I do recall when I was picking up a
'party platter' of deli meats and cheeses once. I didn't have one of those
cards. The cashier had one and scanned it so I could get a discount. So
much for valid information, eh?

Jill