Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Am I losing it?

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:57:02 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>

>> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> > Bad enough I watch Bill Burr's Let It Go about twice a month

>> I've played that bit for John at least 10 times since he got here. Now
>> we
>> find ourselves yelling "NO!" for no reason whatsoever

> Who is Bill Burr and why should I care?

He's a comedian and he goes off about grocery stores (among other things).
He's hilarious. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4p9C9oJQ0

When John and I were shopping the other day we noticed those automated
checkout stands. We both started laughing, then went to the lane with an
actual person. Oh, and thank Bast my grocery store doesn't have one of
those "savey-save ****y-**** cards" that let you get 5 cents off bootleg
fruitloops.

>> > OBfood: making a tagine fer potluck, today. Screw 'em iffen they
>> > don't cotton to it!
>> >
>> > nb
>> >

>> Burgers on the grill today... if it doesn't rain. If it rains, the
>> burgers
>> might turn into meatballs in red gravy/sauce over pasta
>>

> So what did you end up with for dinner?

None of the above! We sat down in front of the TV and lost track of time.
I added farfalle (aka bow tie) pasta to the leftover chicken stew. (I
didn't make enough dumplings the first time around.) That pasta works very
well in chicken soups/stews. I guess we'll do the burgers tonight. Looks
like it's going to be a bright sunny day!

Jill