Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Always put quotes around "vegan"

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:28:05 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
>><dh@.> wrote in message news

m...

>>> It allows billions of animals to enjoy lives of positive value.

>>No it doesn't. Our desire to consume animal products leads to them
>>existing
>>in the first place,

> That's what's significant,

Right, so what?

> and refusing to consider that aspect of the
> situation produces the stifled and unrealistic desire to see all livestock
> eliminated which is why ONLY eliminationists have reason to refuse to
> consider
> the big picture, and that is why YOU are opposed to people considering the
> big
> picture. Because considering the big picture works against elimination.

You're not seeing any "big picture", you're seeing a narrow, trumped up
picture.

>>our desire to alleviate their suffering then doing
>>something about it "allows billions of animals to enjoy lives of positive
>>value". You're not adding anything of value by "considering what they get
>>out of it"

> ONLY an eliminationist has reason to oppose considering what happens
> when AW
> is successful

I don't oppose considering what happens when AW is successful, I oppose
"considering what they get out of it" because it doesn't accomplish
anything.

> and ONLY an eliminationist has reason to oppose considering when
> animals experience lives of positive value for reasons that are not
> legally
> regulated. DUH!!! You of course oppose both, and ONLY an eliminationist
> has
> reason to do so. Certainly no one who's truly in favor of AW over
> elimination
> has any reason to oppose considering when AW is successful, so your
> opposition
> to considering it is one of the ways you reveal yourself.

I don't oppose considering what happens when AW is successful, I oppose
"considering what they get out of it" because it doesn't accomplish
anything.

You're proposing that we believe that something bad would happen if
livestock were eliminated, and that bad thing somehow relates to "AW", that
the animals that wouldn't exist would 'miss out' on something, or whatever.
The whole theory is incoherent nonsense.