Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.philosophy,talk.politics.animals,alt.politics
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default Moral considerability

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:46:25 -0700, Goo wrote:

>I observe that no one gives equal moral consideration, including those
>who say we ought to do so.

"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

"It is irrelevant what I think *is* important enough to
merit consideration." - Goo

"When considering your food choices ethically, assign
ZERO weight to the morally empty fact that choosing to
eat meat causes animals to be bred into existence." - Goo

"You consider that it "got to experience life" to be some kind
of mitigation of the evil of killing it." - Goo

"The meaningless fact-lette that farm animals "get to
experience life" deserves no consideration when asking
whether or not it is moral to kill them. Zero." - Goo

"the moral harm caused by killing them is greater in magnitude
than ANY benefit they might derive from "decent lives" - Goo

""giving them life" does NOT mitigate the wrongness of
their deaths" - Goo

"Causing animals to be born and "get to experience life"
(in ****wit's wretched prose) is no mitigation at all for
killing them." - Goo

"Fact: IF it is wrong to kill animals deliberately for food, then
having deliberately caused them to live in the first place does
not mitigate the wrong in any way." - Goo

"Life "justifying" death is the
stupidest goddamned thing you ever wrote." - Goo

"no matter how "decent" the conditions are, the deliberate killing
of the animals erases all of it." - Goo

""appreciation for decent AW" doesn't *MEAN* anything" - Goo

""appreciation for decent AW" doesn't mean anything." - Goo

"NO livestock benefit from being farmed." - Goo

"No farm animals benefit from farming." - Goo

"Existing animals don't figure into it in any
way." - Goo.

"The only way that the concept "benefit from existence"
can begin to make sense semantically is if one assumes
a pre-existent state" - Goo

"We ARE NOT, and NEVER WERE, talking about whether
existing animals "benefit" from living." - Goo

"The topic is not and never has been whether or not
existing animals enjoy living." - Goo

"Whether or not some entity enjoys life once it does exist
is *NOT* the topic." - Goo

"coming into existence didn't make me better off than
I was before." - Goo

"it is not "better" that the animal exist, no matter
its quality of live" - Goo

"It is not "better" in any moral way, and not in *any* way
at all to the animal itself, that the animal exists." - Goo

"Being born is not a benefit in any way. It can't be." - Goo