Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Always put quotes around "vegan"

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:33:21 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>> In contrast to that dishonest eliminationist perspective it's a
>>> necessary
>>> part of considering the big picture in a realistic way.

>>Explain why it is necessary.

> Because it's a significant aspect of the big picture. The fact that you
> can't recognise much less appreciate the significance is another one of
> the ways
> that you reveal yourself

Repeating that you *think* it is significant is not an explanation. An
explanation involves giving reasons.

Hint: Don't bother straining your brain trying to think of one, there aren't
any.

>>Hint: you can't because it isn't.

> I did. ONLY eliminationists have reason to lie that the lives of
> billions of
> animals are not worthy of consideration, because such a lie ONLY benefits
> the
> elimination objective and NOTHING ELSE besides the elimination objective.

That was an impugning of motives, not an explanation.

The only necessary consideration of the lives of livestock arises if the
animals are suffering, then the consideration must lead to action. As long
as they are not suffering then thinking about their lives serves no purpose,
because no action is required.

All your talk about "big picture" is meaningless ****wit code.