Old 15-04-2012, 03:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
Shawn Martin[_14_] Shawn Martin[_14_] is offline

Default Vacuum marinating

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Shawn Martin" wrote in message
news

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Shawn Martin" wrote

I have not done this with meat, but I have used this trick to infuse
juices, and liquor into fruit. It really is only effective using a
bag, and chamber vac. You cannot effectively draw a vacuum on liquid
with a chamber vac.

My experiences, drawn from hundreds of years is this: You can't really
get a vacuum, because if you did, you would suck all the juice out. So,
you just try to get the air out, the culprit in freezer burn. Since you
can't get a hard vacuum with the marinade liquid and body juices in
there, the point of hard vacuuming is moot.

Steve

meant cannot. Sorry :-(

That is as clear as mud.

Steve

Again, on the advice of my council, The honorable James Beam, I respectfully
decline to answer the question.