Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.philosophy,talk.politics.animals,alt.politics

Default "Speciesism" - nothing wrong with it

On 4/12/2012 8:58 AM, Rupert wrote:

>>> You mean like you defended your assertion, by claiming that most
>>> ethicists agree with you? Well I can't honestly say I've ever met an
>>> ethicist,

>> nor has Woopert...
>>
>>> but if they think that way then they are different than every
>>> other person or animal that I am aware of. No, you're wrong here, in
>>> fact your description of your own moral calculations proves it. You have
>>> admitted that adjusting your lifestyle to avoid causing harm to animals
>>> is secondary to maintaining a suitable career and lifestyle for
>>> yourself, as it should be.

>> Exactly. Woopert essentially has refused to make any alteration in his
>> life *whatever* to attempt to give equal consideration to the interests
>> of animals.

> That is quite obvious nonsense.

No, it's quite obviously true because *you* told us, explicitly. You
said that you can't - actually, won't - do all that you might do to
ensure you are giving the same consideration to animals' interests that
you give to humans'. You said you "needed" to do things to advance your
career that prevent you from determining which foods produce the least harm.