Wayne

Default In the cool, cool, cool of the evening

zxcvbob > wrote in
:

> Can you grow blackberries there if you use drip irrigation? There's a
> variety called "Youngberry" that is especially good and kind of sour.

That might be a consideration for the future. We're currently in a
rental for at least the next year. I'd hate to just get a start and
never see the fruit. :-)

> One of these days I'm gonna try making a pie with diced dried apricots
> reconstituted in roselle juice (an inky-red sour hibiscus). I know
> you can buy dried roselle in the Latin markets there. Look at the
> black-and-white picture halfway down this page:
> http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/roselle.html

That's interesting, and I really like dried apricots. As far as the
hibiscus, I used to drink a hibiscus tea at a vegetarian restaurant years
ago. It was delicious. I could imagine combining these for a pie. I'll
look for the roselle juice when I next go to a Latin market. They're
certainly not difficult to find here. I'm sure I could dilute it for a
tea as well.

How did you pie turn out?

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.