Blair P. Houghton

Default sizzle steaks?

Bob (this one) > wrote:
>You can also get thin slices of solid-muscle, top round, rectangle-cut
>and stacked like that. Restaurants use them for sandwiches.

My local Asian Megamart has this, in rounds, a little less
than 1/8-inch thick.

But, they also have it in Lamb.

Lamb makes a cheesesteak you start to prioritize over
the original. I like it on a potato roll.

PRIORITY CHEESESTEAK:

4 oz thin-sliced lamb
1 slice provolone, halved
2 shallots, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
salt
pepper
olive oil
sub roll

Put a little olive oil in a pan. Add the shallots
and sweat. Add the lamb. Sear until lightly brown on
one side. Flip. Add garlic to bare spot in pan (and
maybe a drop of oil). Push lamb into bun-sized space.
Add salt and pepper and put 2 halves of provolone on top.
When steak and garlic are browned, tip the whole mess into
the bun.

--Blair
"Garnish with appreciative noise."