Wayne

Default In the cool, cool, cool of the evening

zxcvbob > wrote in :

> I'm baking a huge cherry pie. Daughter picked a bunch of cherries
> yesterday and pitted them. I picked a few more today and added them to
> it so I'd have enough to use my biggest pie pan.
>
> Gotta run, the timer's beeping...
>
> Bob

I'd give damned near anything for a bunch of fresh sour cherries or
gooseberries or red or black currants. Nothing like that seems to be
availble in Central AZ. The canned cherries and gooseberries run ~$3 per
can and a decent pie requires at least 3 cans. The quality of the canned
fruit isn't worth the time spent making a good pastry. Years ago I used to
be to at least able to find frozen sour cherries and they were pretty good.
Haven't seen them for sale in years.

--
Wayne in Phoenix...moping :-(

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.