Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default Consumer Reports rates food stores.

On Apr 9, 9:13*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 19:07:54 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
> >On Apr 9, 8:09*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> >> **Aldi's didn't get a very good rating other than the price.

> >It's Aldi, not Aldi's.

> >Their milk and egg prices are great, as are their produce specials.
> >We've been buying 1# strawberries there for $1.29 for the past two
> >weeks.

> >--Bryan

> It's actually ALDI. Look on their website.

Yes. It stands for Albrecht Discount. The company owned by the other
brother owns Trader Joe's (one of them died fairly recently). Both of
those stores offer good shopping experiences, and savvy shoppers can
find great deals at both. Trader Joe's and ALDI both have the best
prices on gallons of milk. TJ's has a very nice raw milk Cheddar that
is reasonably priced.
ALDI can be a joy to shop at because they have the best workers I've
ever dealt with at a retailer.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan