Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Consumer Reports rates food stores.

critters & me in azusa, ca wrote:
>> I did see stores listed in other areas where I have lived. Such as
>> IGA, Weis and Pathmark that didn't get such good ratings. Aldi's
>> didn't get a very good rating other than the price.

> Kroger and Winco are both divisions of Kroger stores. Each division
> is operated separately, so the ratings would be different for each.
> Here in SoCal (from Bakersfield south) there are Winco & Food4Less
> stores, which are the discount type of grocery stores; Ralph's is the
> "regular super market", and all three are divisions of Kroger. As one
> who shops the ads regularly, Ralph's does have the best prices and
> products better than the other two.
>
> Harriet & Critters

Nope. Winco is owned by the employees. Not Kroger at all.

http://www.wincofoods.com/

I did shop at Ralph's once. Oddly enough I bought a bra there but I can't
remember the particulars of it now. I was much less busty in those days.
We were on vacation in Northern CA and visiting my parent's friends.