Melba's Jammin'

Default In the cool, cool, cool of the evening

I just made some really good apricot jelly. It'll never win a prize
anywhere because it's not clear due to a certain amount of pulp dregs,
but, damn, it's tasty! It's what I do with the liquid collected from
the nuked apricots for my apricot butter. I use the Peach Jelly recipe
in the Ball Fruit Jell Powder leaflet -- 3 cups juice, 1/4 cup lemon
juice, pectin, and 5 cups sugar. The stuff I made last year was crappy
-- much of that liquid had come from some dried aps that I rehydrated.
Bleah.

I've got another 2 cups of pulpy juice left. I'm thinking of making up
the missing cup with orange juice. Or pineapple juice. Or maybe a cup
of crushed pineapple. Sounds pretty good to me.

Just took the Pepper Jelly out of the BWB, too. Leave us hope the set
is there -- I'd hate for this to be "Pepper Glaze". :-/ I'm holding
out hope that it'll jel when it's cold -- the stuff on the inside of the
pan did. Cross your toes.

BTW, Jorge, I included in it some of your yellow bug juice from this
year's offering to the Mother Superior and some of last year's red hair
remover. And some Fresnos and a sweet red bell. And some dried
nectarines. It's pretty tasty.

Might should gotta boogie tomorrow -- weather weenie is predicting HOT
by the weekend. Believe I'll take the blackberries from the freezer
tonight. Did I mention how good it is to be me?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/4/04.