Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,alt.philosophy.zen,alt.philosophy

Default FAQ: The Irrational Search for Micrograms (of Animal Parts)

On 4/7/2012 5:05 AM, Zerkon wrote:
> In >,
> says...
>> All "vegans" begin their belief in "veganism" by
>> subscribing to a logically fallacious argument:
>>

> 'All', the word as used here, indicates a straw man argument is to
> follow.

It's not a straw man; you misused the word. It's an argument you don't
like, but that doesn't make it a straw man.

> If I eat meat, I cause harm to animals
> I do not eat meat;
> Therefore, I do not cause harm to animals by eating meat.

That's not what "vegans" believe. They believe that by not putting
animal parts in their mouths, they don't cause any harm to animals at all.

> or
>
> I do not eat meat
> Therefore, I do not eat meat

Empty tautology. You're getting worse.

> or
>
> My doctor advised me to not eat meat
> Therefore, I do not eat it

Not "veganism". "veganism" is the belief that it is necessary to get
animal parts out of one's diet for ethical reasons, not for health
reasons.

> or
>
> I do not like the taste of meat
> Therefore....

Aesthetics, not ethics; it also doesn't explain why "vegans" don't
consume dairy, leather, wool, or use health and beauty aids that were
tested on animals (but they *do* all use prescription drugs, which by
law are tested on animals.)

> or
>
> Good meat is expensive so I stoped eating meat altogether.

Economics, not ethics.

> I then began to enjoy what people call a vegan diet but to me it's what
> now tastes best. It makes me feel good, plus the girls at the store I go
> to are incredibly good looking.

Self-interest, not ethics.

You wrote a really shitty post.