Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lining a lazy Susan cupboard

Pennyaline wrote:
> On 4/2/2012 8:33 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I would love to get rid of them but I can't afford to redo my
>> kitchen. I don't even have room to store paper products in the
>> kitchen. They are in the garage. I do have a small pullout cabinet
>> to store things like plastic bags. I freaking hate those pullouts
>> too but all of my lower cabinets are those. Things fall behind just
>> as they fly off the shelves of the lazy Susan. I just ordered some
>> new reaching tools. It is hard for me to get back there.

> Why do things "fly off the shelves"? How hard to you spin the damned
> thing? I've dealt with those corner cupboard lazy susan things in my
> parents' homes and my siblings' homes, and I had them in one of my
> kitchens once, and I've not experienced anything flying off. Falling
> over, yes, but never falling off or flying anywhere.

There is nothing at the end to keep the items at the end on the shelf. So
they fly off. You have to use quite a lot of force to open them because
they stick very badly. Very poor design. My daughter likes to have them
closed and I prefer the look of them closed but feasibly I try to keep them
open because it is far less hassle.