Old 31-03-2012, 09:23 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Dan the Man Dan the Man is offline

Default '10 Wild Earth Rosť

On Mar 30, 5:16*am, Mark Lipton wrote:
For our last weekend in Christchurch, tonight I made paella and opened
to go with it:

2010 Wild Earth Rosť (100% Pinot Noir)
nose: strawberries, stony minerality, a hint of alcohol
palate: crisp, firm acidity, vivid fruit

A really nice rosť that rivals the best of what we've had from Europe,
this 12.5% ABV rosť of Pinot Noir is just a lovely wine and terrific
with the paella. *When I had it at the winery, it was paired with smoked
salmon and it also did fabulously with that.

Mark Lipton

Sounds wonderful, but at first glance, I thought the title was "Wild
Irish Rose", a cheap American glug. Time to clean my glasses!

Dan-O