Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Do you overeat at buffets?

Evelyn > wrote:
: On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:23:05 -0700, "Cheri" >
: wrote:

: >"Evelyn" > wrote in message
: .. .
: >
: >> A good philosophy. Especially the "You can take what you want but
: >> you have to eat what you take" part.
: >>
: >> I believe that children should be taught to calculate their needs
: >> properly and to respect and honor the fact that everything on the
: >> table came from someone's efforts, to grow, transport, cook, serve,
: >> etc.
: >>
: >> Evelyn
: >
: >I like to tell this story...once when I took a big helping, and I mean big
: >helping of my mom's canned cherries, she asked if I'm sure I'm going to want
: >all of that. I said yes. Well, I didn't really want all of that and couldn't
: >finish, so I did sit at that damned kitchen table looking at those cherries
: >for a very long time before she set me free...to never do that again. LOL
: >
: >Cheri

: Your mom was a wise woman. Wisdom is unfortunately a very rare trait.

: Evelyn

My mom always gave a small portion or suggested we take a small one as
there was always more for seconds, and there always was.

Wendy